|Name:||T60 Shank Adapter||Production Time:||15-20 Working Days|
|Package:||Carton+plywood Case||MOQ:||1 Piece|
rock drill accessories,
hard rock tools
In Top Hammer Drilling the hammer produces a percussive force on the drill rods or tubes, which is transmitted to the drill bit. The feed device is usually attached with a hinged boom to a mobile unit. The percussive system strikes the drill rod, for example 2,000-5,000 strikes per minute, and the rotation speed can be, for example, 60-200 rounds per minute. Together these elements make it possible to drill holes in the hard rock. The excess material (cuttings) is flushed up from the bottom of the hole by means of pressurized air or water. Top hammer drills are primarily used in mining, construction and quarrying of rock material. Top hammer drilling, combined with the “drill and blast” method, makes the whole excavation process extremely efficient.
Comparison with DTH
1. Does the real job = breaking the rock.
2. Produced by rock drill or hammer’s impact energy and frequency.
3. Typically between 1500 to 3600 hits per minute.
4. Compared to pneumatic drills, hydraulic drills are capable of higher percussion power and faster penetration rates.
5. Percussive drill rig is built around the hammer or rock drill
6. in percussive drilling rock is broken with impact energy
7. Impact Force per Blow : 20 to 60 Tons
8. Blow Frequency: 30 – 60 Blows/Sec (Top Hammer), 25 – 35 Blows/Sec (DTH)
9. Rod/Tube diameters: 23 – 140 mm
Drilling principle of top hammer
1. When the piston hits the shank, kinetic energy in the piston creates a compressive wave in the string of drilling tools, that will cause the bit to penetrate the rock
2. Piston velocity at impact ≈ 10m/s but the compressive wave in the drill steel travels at a velocity of 5180 m/s (velocity of sound in steel)
3. The bit is forced forward and penetrates the rock around 1.0 mm
4. Part of the energy not used to penetrate the rock goes back as a tensile wave and part of it as a compressive wave
Application of tophammer drilling
Usually tophammer drilling applied in surface civil engineering, quarrying, dimensional stone quarrying, underground mine development, rock bolting, tunneling and production drilling.
Packaging and shipping
Packaging: carton+plywood case, or as request.
Shipping: by sea, by air, by express, as your request.
Sollroc , with more 10 years of experience ,is one of the professional manufacturer and supplier of high performance rock drilling tools like: DTH hammers and bits, RC hammers and bits, DTH drill rods and top hammer drilling tools. Our tools are widely used in different drilling applications including mining, quarrying, water well drilling, geotechnical industries and etc.
Sollroc is specialized in designing, manufacturing and developing equipments and accessories for standard models as well as the special needs of clients and provides them with the best suggestions and solutions. We practice strict and stringent quality control during manufacturing and adhered to recognized and approved quality control systems. Each of our products follows the quality requirements and procedures to ensure finished products are durable and superior up to standard.
Contact Person: Serena Gong