Reverse Circulation Rock Drilling SRC54/SRC54R RC Hammers For Exploration
The on-board compressor delivers power to a pneumatic reciprocating piston. The piston, in turn, drives a tungsten-steel drill bit which is purpose designed to be able to crush hard rock.Similar to air core drilling, drill cuttings are returned to surface inside rods. We achieve this through the use of dual wall drill rods: an outer drill rod with an inner tube. When compressed air is blown through the rod, the volume displaces the air, lifting the samples to the surface.Once cuttings reach a diverter at the top of the hole, they’re moved through a hose and around the cyclone, which slows the sample down. From the cyclone the sample goes over a splitter that delivers a percentage of the entire sample into a sample bag. The exploration drilling team then collect the samples aligned to the hole depth and lay them out for the client to log, and then transport to the lab for assay.
SOLLROC RC SRC54/SRC54R hammer technical date:
|Length (less bit)
|Weight (less bit)
1. Although the process can be costly the overall drilling costs can actually be reduced by up to 40% when using reverse circulation drilling.
2. Results from reverse circulation drilling can be revealed much faster as the completion of the drilling process is done quickly.
3. The method is safe to use and requires fewer man hours.
4. Reverse circulation drilling requires less water than other mining methods.
5. Reverse circulation drilling is simple and easy.
6. Samples can be easily arranged into boxes stating where the sample was collected and at what depth the sample was collected which will help those studying the samples to pinpoint exactly where the mineral deposit is located. This will help a mining company or a group of researchers to quickly and easily locate the exact area and depth from which the sample was discovered.
SOLLROC Reverse Circulation drilling (RC) ,from size 3’’ to 5.5’’, is a technique of drilling that uses dual wall drill rods that consist of an outer drill rod with an inner tube. By using compressed air to extract rock fragments sample,the samples travel through rods to a sample splitter at surface, avoiding all contact between the samples and the borehole wall that allows samples to be retrieved with minimal contamination,which is mainly used in deep hole exploration and mining grade control.
By Air, By express or By Sea